Re-Opening Public Worship
A Note from Pastor John on Re-Opening Public Worship
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Over the past 14 Sundays we have not been able to worship and fellowship together in person and in our facilities. The coronavirus pandemic, government regulations and our desire to care for our neighbour have kept us from gathering. This Sunday, June 21, is the first step toward restoring the public worship experience we have all lost and for which we all long.
I recognize and understand that many of you will need to stay home for health reasons. Others will need to exercise caution for yourself or those you love and live with. For you, continuing to worship at home through our livestream service is the best option for the foreseeable future. For others who choose and are able to return to our church facilities you must understand that the provincial government’s 30% capacity directive means we will not be able to accommodate everyone on one Sunday.
The Ministry Team and Action Committee are implementing a plan to safely reopen worship this Sunday and the information below is important for you to know before you register to attend.
Important Details Before Registering
- Those in a vulnerable age group or who have a compromised immune system are encouraged to join the online service for the foreseeable future.
- Only those who preregister will be allowed access to the church. We are unable to accommodate walk ins this Sunday.
- You must be committed to following public health advice including physical distancing at 2 metres (6 feet) apart.
- There will be no onsite child care or Children’s programme this Sunday, but families with children are able to register and sit together for the service.
- No food or beverages will be allowed in the church.
- The Church will be cleaned and sanitized prior to your arrival and will be cleaned and sanitized after you leave.
- Only the washrooms off the south side of the auditorium will be accessible.
When You Arrive
- When you arrive in the parking lot you will be greeted and instructed by a parking lot attendant.
- Vehicles will be parked in every other space providing safe distance for people when they exit and enter their vehicles.
- After parking your car, please maintain appropriate physical distancing at all times both outside and inside the building.
- You will notice that all volunteers (parking lot attendants, greeters, ushers) will be wearing a mask. Masks are not mandatory for you, however you may choose to wear a mask.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed at entrances and exits and other locations in and surrounding the auditorium.
- Take note of signage and directional arrows as you enter and walk throughout the building.
- Follow the instructions of the ushers as they direct you to your auditorium seats. Seating in the auditorium has been arranged to maintain physical distancing and to accommodate 225 people. Following the ushers insures this number of people can be accommodated.
- There will be some direction given on singing and the precautions that we will all need to exercise to keep everyone safe
When Worship Concludes
- At the conclusion of the service please follow the instructions you will receive for exiting the auditorium and building.
- I confirm that I have read this note
- Or call the church office at 905-387-5385