WHEN YOU NEED SUPPORT
West Highland is a warm, loving, nurturing community. People are cherished and experience care through the love of Christ. We recognize that life has challenges and people experience times when extra support and encouragement are needed. Our Care Ministry takes people's needs seriously in expressing compassion and offering help. By seeking to bear the burdens of others, we desire to see healing and hope which we know that Christ can provide.
- Facing the challenge of pain, confusion and discouragement? Need someone alongside you in the journey to listen, help you to understand and be your friend? Stephen Ministers are trained and trustworthy individuals who care by listening, supporting, and praying for you in the tough seasons of life. West Highland has a fully trained lay team in place to serve our community. To learn more about this ministry, visit The Stephen Ministry website, and use the contact form buttom to conact us.
- Our purpose is to reach out and to minister through the encouragement of care for people of all ages in hospitals, homes, and care facilities. If you or someone you love is in need of a visit, please contact us.
- We recognize the importance of prayer for our church family through the publishing of daily e-mail prayer requests that is maintained for situations that come up throughout the week and we also have a team of dedicated prayer warriors for special requests.
- Visit our West Highland Prayer page for many prayer opportunities available.
- Periodically a ten week course is offered to assist those who have experienced grief and losses. To learn more about the Grief Share program, visit www.griefshare.org. Please contact us to find out when the next session will take place (sessions are planned according to the amount of interest).