GROWING IN GOD'S WORD
Embrace the opportunity to learn more about God while forming connections with other women at West Highland at one of our Bible studies.
God of Creation: A Study of Genesis 1-11 (Jen Wilkin)
Wednesdays at 9:30 A.M. in the Fellowship Hall
It all began with the Word.
The opening chapters of Genesis teach us fundamental truths about God. We watch Him bring light after darkness, order after chaos, and rest after toil—all through the power of His Word.
Over 10 sessions of verse-by-verse study, dive into Genesis 1-11 by following three critical stages of understanding: comprehension, interpretation, and application. Revisit familiar stories and historical figures, challenge your basic knowledge, and discover deeper meanings in the text. As God reveals Himself through Scripture, we can only begin to understand ourselves when we first glimpse the character, attributes, and promises of our Creator.
The Holy Spirit Unleashed in You: Acts (Kay Arthur)
Mondays at 7:00 P.M. in Room 146
REGISTER - Workbook cost is $10
Miracles . . . boldness . . . courage to preach the Word of God. Do you want this power, power to witness for Christ in hostile circumstances - your workplace, maybe even your home? Learn how to depend on the power of the Spirit from the Lord's dynamic work among first believers.
It's Not Supposed To Be This Way: Finding Unexpected Strength When Disappointments Leave You Shattered (Lysa Terkeurst)
Tuesdays at 6:30 P.M. in Room 224
REGISTER - Workbook cost is $15
What do you do when God’s timing seems questionable, His lack of intervention hurtful, and His promises doubtful?
Life often looks so very different than we hoped or expected. Some events may simply catch us off guard for a moment, but others shatter us completely. We feel disappointed and disillusioned, and we quietly start to wonder about the reality of God’s goodness.
Lysa TerKeurst understands this deeply. But she's also discovered that our disappointments can be the divine appointments our souls need to radically encounter God. In It's Not Supposed to Be This Way, Lysa invites us into her own journey of faith and, with grit, vulnerability, and honest humor, helps us to:
- Stop being pulled into the anxiety of disappointment by discovering how to better process unmet expectations and other painful situations.
- Train ourselves to recognize the three strategies of the enemy so we can stand strong and persevere through unsettling relationships and uncertain outcomes.
- Discover the secret of being steadfast and not panicking when God actually does give us more than we can handle.
- Shift our suspicion that God is cruel or unfair to the biblical assurance that God is protecting and preparing us.
- Know how to encourage a friend and help her navigate hard realities with real help from God's truth.