Here at West Highland we work together to bring the Gospel to life for each and every child we encounter. We have an amazing team of passionate and enthusiastic volunteers!
We believe in having fun and interactive teaching with the children and in coming alongside of them to encourage them, pray for them, and love on them.
Below is a short list of some of the volunteer positions needed to be filled. However please know that we love to have individuals join us whenever they feel lead to volunteer in STAR Kids in any capacity.
- TREC Childcare is a ministry to children ages 0 - 5 who's parents attend a TREC class.
- Grades 2 & 3 Sunday School Class needs 1 more volunteer at the 9A.M. service.
- Quest is our mid-week Bible outreach program and there is a need for one more male volunteer for the Grade 3/4 boys class.
Want to volunteer in STAR Kids? Let us know here!
Volunteer Application Process
Check out our volunteer application process and our volunteer handbook here.
The following is a list of qualificiations that we ask of our volunteers to complete.
- Adult Volunteer Application here.
- Youth Volunteer Application here.
- Reduce the Risk Safety Training Outline here.
- Police Check information here.
- BackCheck Online Police Check here.
Safety Training: Once a year we have our volunteer wide safety training called Reduce the Risk. This training is a requirement for our volunteers. This year's safety training will take place on Sunday, June 2nd after the 11 A.M. service.
Volunteer Education: Every few TREC Semesters we provide a volunteer education course. This course provides training and teaches our volunteers new skills and further develops the skills that they already have. This class will be running during our Spring TREC Semester: Sundays at 6 P.M. beginning on March 31st, 2019.
Youth Volunteer Training: Once a year we hold a TREC class for our youth-aged volunteers called "Learning to Lead". This class is about developing leadership skills and learning how to serve effectively. This class will be running during our Winter TREC semester: Sundays at 6 P.M. January 13th - March 3rd.
Children's Ministry Conference: Every two years we as a group of children's ministry volunteers attend the Children's Ministry Conference "Blown Away". This year we will be attending the conference on April 5th & 6th. Regristration is now closed.